Today Apple released updates across all of their operating systems. There is a sprinkling of minor new features, but more importantly, they include bug, reliability, speed, and security fixes. I recommend everyone install these as soon as they are able.
- Full mouse and trackpad support on iPadOS
- iCloud Folder Sharing (not just individual files!)
- New Memoji stickers
- Rearranged buttons in iOS Mail
- Developers can now combine their iOS and macOS apps on the App Store, offering them in a single sale
- New TV app controls for limiting streaming over cellular
- Ability to stream Family purchases in the TV app (previously you could only download, not stream)
- In CarPlay, call controls on home screen for Phone app and third party call apps, pending app updates
- In CarPlay, third-party navigation apps can now use the navigation card on home screen, pending app updates
- Head pointer capability on Mac allows mouse control using the camera to track head movement
- Real-time lyric support added to Mac
- ScreenTime Communication limits, previously only on iOS and iPadOS now on Mac
- HDR support for Netflix on compatible Macs
- Ability to import saved Chrome passwords into iCloud Keychain
- macOS: Click the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch): Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- watchOS: First update your iPhone, then on your iPhone tap the Watch app > General > Software Update.
- tvOS: Navigate to Settings > System > Software Update.
- HomePod: HomePod will update itself automatically, but you can push it along manually. Go to the Home app, tap the house icon in the upper left corner, and choose “Software Update” in the “Speakers & TV” section.